The centre is a single storey, purpose built building, opened in July 1990 which provides access and facilities for the disabled. The G.P. practice is well established in the area, having provided medical services to the local community since the 1960s. We aim to provide personal and continuing care for all our patients.
- To enhance the wellbeing and health of our local community.
- To achieve our vision through proactive, innovative, efficient, effective, responsive patient centred care.
Practice Commitment & Responsibility
- To strive for achieving best health outcomes for patients.
- To treat and support our patient and staff fairly, with equality, dignity and respect
- To provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff
- To ensure confidentiality of patient information
- To be responsive to patient and staff needs and work in partnership with patients
- To be a learning organisation valuing feedback
- To collaborate with voluntary and statutory agencies to prove better patient care
Good reasons to register with Grove Medical Centre
- A significant number of appointments are made available to book 72hrs, 48hrs, 24hrs, in advance or on the day.
- Significant numbers of appointment are pre-bookable at least 4 weeks in advance
- You can book your appointments online
- You can order repeat prescriptions online
- All laboratory results received are processed within 24 hours and we inform patients of any actions
- You can use our Surgery Pod to do basic health checks i.e. blood pressure, weight, height which is accessable through out the day
- You can use our Check-in Pod to book yourself in for your appointment
- We have range of other services including: Phlebotomy, Physiotherapy, Dietician, Midwives, Smoking Cessation Clinic etc.
- We have face to face Vietnamese interpreter
- We offer a minor ailments service, you can obtain a voucher for a list of symptoms displayed at the reception which can be taken to local pharmacy for an assessment.
- We strive to work with our local community-we are a member of Citizens UK (https://www.citizensuk.org/what_we_do) and are proud to be a City Safe Haven, offer people who are feeling threatened or in immediate danger a safe space and an opportunity to report crime (http://www.moveforlife.co.uk/charity/city-safe-havens). We are proud to support the hard work of our Health Champions